Security holes! New viruses! Programs changing your computer at will!
You need to protect yourself with Computer Shield
Features In a Nutshell
Computer Shield watches your computer for changes, immediately notifying you when a change is made to confirm you want to keep or reject the change. This saves you from lots of headaches. (A “Computer Setting Firewall” is an excellent description.)
- Computer Shield protects your web browser’s home page and other important settings. It lets you easily fix things if your browser has been taken over by a hijacker, and watches for hijackers trying to invade.
- Helps your computer start faster by keeping unnecessary things from starting every time you start Windows.
- Keeps you from having your modem’s phone number changed to dial expensive pay-per-minute numbers when connecting to the Internet!
- Catches many of the changes a virus, worm, or trojan program will make to your computer.
- Prevents programs you install from adding new icons or favorites that you don’t want.
In my testing, installing America Online’s latest software adds 2 programs to run every time Windows starts, adds 5 icons on your desktop, and adds 2 icons in the Quick Launch area. All without ever asking you what you want. Computer Shield catches all those changes and lets you choose to keep or reject them.
- And many more. There are dozens and dozens of different settings that Computer Shield watches to protect you.
Computer Shield protects you from Phishing Scams that try to trick you to give out your bank login, credit card, etc. Protect yourself from identity theft!
Computer Shield helps you prevent worms, hackers, or other malicious programs from invading your computer by letting you easily turn off rarely used Windows features. Features that have had security problems and have been exploited by several worms like MSBlast already.
Computer Shield improves your web browsing by blocking unwanted popup windows using smart checks to automatically show the windows you want, but block the advertisements you don’t want. (And lets you turn off the “Windows Messenger Service” that is just used to send you more ads too.)
Computer Shield protects your privacy by blocking “Web Bugs”: tags that are invisibly included on web pages to track you.
Computer Shield has tools to easily look at all the programs that will start when Windows starts, to let you see where the space is being used on your hard drives, and more!